|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 3311Structure
This class includes:
- manufacture of instruments and appliances used for medical, surgical, dental or veterinary purposes:
· electro-diagnostic apparatus such as electrocardiographs, ultrasonic diagnostic equipment, scintillation scanners, nuclear magnetic resonance apparatus, dental drill engines, sterilizers, ophthalmic instruments
- manufacture of syringes, needles used in medicine
- manufacture of mirrors, reflectors, endoscopes etc.
- manufacture of apparatus based on the use of X-rays or alpha, beta or gamma radiation, whether or not for use in human or animal medicine:
· X-ray tubes, high-tension generators, control panels, desks, screens etc.
- manufacture of medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture:
· operating tables, hospital beds with mechanical fittings, dentists' chairs, barbers' chairs
- manufacture of mechanotherapy appliances, massage apparatus, psychological testing apparatus, ozone therapy, oxygen therapy, artificial respiration apparatus, gas masks etc.
This class also includes:
- manufacture of orthopaedic appliances:
· crutches, surgical belts and trusses, splints, artificial teeth, artificial limbs and other artificial parts of the body, hearing aids, pacemakers, orthopaedic shoes etc.
This class excludes:
- manufacture of surgical dressings, medicated wadding, fracture bandages etc., see 2423
- manufacture of cement used in dentistry, see 2423
- manufacture of thermometers, see 3312
- manufacture of corrective spectacle lenses and of their frames or of optical microscopes, see 3320
- denture fitting by dentists or spectacles fitting by optometrists, see 8512, 8519
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)