|About us | Contact us |Site Map|
Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 0501Structure
This class includes:
- fishing on a commercial basis in ocean, coastal or inland waters
- taking of marine and freshwater crustaceans and molluscs
- whale catching
- hunting of aquatic animals: turtles, sea squirts, tunicates, sea urchins etc.
This class also includes:
- activities of vessels engaged both in fishing, and in processing and preserving of fish
- gathering of marine materials: natural pearls, sponges, coral and algae
- service activities incidental to fishing
This class excludes:
- capturing of sea mammals, except whales, e.g. walruses, seals, see 0150
- processing of fish, crustaceans and molluscs not connected to fishing, i.e. on vessels engaged only in processing and preserving of fish, or in factories ashore, see 1512
- fishing inspection, protection and patrol services, see 7523
- fishing practised for sport or recreation and related services, see 9241
- operation of sport fishing preserves, see 9241
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)