Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.3.1 code 3511Structure
This class includes the building and repairing of ships, except vessels for sports or recreation, and construction and repair of floating structures.
This class includes:
- building of commercial vessels: passenger vessels, ferry-boats, cargo ships, tankers, tugs etc.
- building of warships
- building of fishing boats and fish-processing factory vessels
This class also includes:
- construction of hovercraft (except recreation-type hovercraft)
- construction of drilling platforms, floating or submersible
- construction of floating structures:
· floating docks, pontoons, coffer-dams, floating landing stages, buoys, floating tanks, barges, lighters, floating cranes, non-recreational inflatable rafts etc.
- manufacture of sections for ships and floating structures
This class excludes:
- manufacture of parts of vessels, other than major hull assemblies:
· manufacture of sails, see 1721
· manufacture of ships' propellers, see 2899
· manufacture of iron or steel anchors, see 2899
· manufacture of marine engines, see 2911
- manufacture of navigational instruments, see 3312
- manufacture of amphibious motor vehicles, see 3410
- manufacture of inflatable boats or rafts for recreation, see 3512
- ship-breaking, see 3710
Click here for complete correspondences for this code.
Click here to see the alphabetical index for this code
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
You can include contact info (optional)