Detailed structure and explanatory notes
ISIC Rev.1 code 2-3Structure
- Division: 2-3 - Manufacturing
This Division is subdivided into the following Major groups:
- 20 - Food Manufacturing Industries, except Beverage Industries
- 21 - Beverage Industries
- 22 - Tobacco Manufactures
- 23 - Manufacture of Textiles
- 24 - Manufacture of Footwear, other Wearing Apparel and Made-Up Textile Goods
- 25 - Manufactures of Wood and Cork, except Manufacture of Furniture
- 26 - Manufacture of Furniture and Fixtures
- 27 - Manufacture of Paper and Paper Products
- 28 - Printing, Publishing and Allied Industries
- 29 - Manufacture of Leather and Leather and Fur Products except Footwear and other Wearing Apparel
- 30 - Manufacture of Rubber Products
- 31 - Manufacture of Chemicals and Chemical Products
- 32 - Manufacture of Products of Petroleum and Coal
- 33 - Manufacture of Non-Metallic Mineral Products, except Products of Petroleum and Coal
- 34 - Basic Metal Industries
- 35 - Manufacture of Metal Products, except Machinery and Transport Equipment
- 36 - Manufacture of Machinery, except Electrical Machinery
- 37 - Manufacture of Electrical Machinery, Apparatus, Appliances and Supplies
- 38 - Manufacture of Transport Equipment
- 39 - Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industries
Manufacturing is defined as the mechanical or chemical transformation of inorganic or organic substances into new products whether the work is performed by power-driven machines or by hand, whether it is done in a factory or in the worker's home, and whether the products are sold at wholesale or retail. The assembly of component parts of manufactured products is considered manufacturing except in cases where the activity is appropriately classified in group 400 (Construction).
Establishments primarily engaged in repair work are classified in the Manufacturing Division according to the type of product repaired irrespective of type of customer served.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.