Detailed structure and explanatory notes
SITC Rev.3 code 731Structure
- Section: 7 - Machinery and transport equipment
- Division: 73 - Metalworking machinery
- Group: 731 - Machine tools working by removing metal or other material
This Group is divided into the following Subgroups:
- 731.1 - Machine tools for working any material by removal of material, by laser or other light or photon beam, ultrasonic, electrodischarge, electrochemical, electron beam, ionic beam or plasma-arc processes
- 731.2 - Machining centres, unit construction machines (single station) and multi-station transfer machines for working metal
- 731.3 - Lathes for removing metal (other than those of subgroup 731.1, 731.2 or 733.9)
- 731.4 - Way-type unit head machines; other machine tools for drilling or boring
- 731.5 - Machine tools for milling, threading or tapping by removing metal (other than the lathes of subgroup 731.3 or the machine tools of subgroups 731.1, 731.2 or 731.4)
- 731.6 - Machine tools for deburring, sharpening, grinding, honing, lapping, polishing or otherwise finishing metal, sintered metal carbides or cermets by means of grinding stones, abrasives or polishing products (other than gear-cutting, gear-grinding or gear-finishing machines of subgroup 731.7)
- 731.7 - Machine tools for planing, shaping, slotting, broaching, gear-cutting, gear grinding or gear finishing, sawing, cutting off, and other machine tools working by removing metal, sintered metal carbides or cermets, n.e.s.
No explanatory note available for this code.
Would you like to leave some feedback?
(on this code, this classification, the site in general or any other issue)
Then drop us a line at CHL@un.org.